Sustainable San Mateo County (SSMC) is a local nonprofit organization that was founded in 1992. Its goal is to build awareness around sustainability issues and accelerate sustainability adoption on the ground. The organization is dedicated to driving impactful action on economic, environmental, and social equity issues. These “three E’s” of sustainability all need to be in balance to achieve true sustainability. SSMC offers the following three main programs:
How Upstart Co-Lab Aims to Unleash More Capital for Creativity
Upstart Co-Lab was founded in 2015 by Laura Callanan after she realized impact investors were missing opportunities to achieve a financial return and a social and environmental impact by investing in businesses and real estate projects in the creative economy.
Coworking Foundation, All Good Work, Expands to San Francisco
- The All Good Work Foundation, a social responsibility program for the coworking sector, has expanded to San Francisco.
- Ahead of its official launch, the Foundation has placed a number of nonprofit organizations in donated workspace.
- All Good Work is marking its arrival in San Francisco with a launch event at Regus, one of the workspace donors.
How Coworking Spaces Can Help Battle Nonprofit Displacement
- The Impact Hub in San Francisco was forced to close last week because it was unable to pay its rent.
- The closing laid bare the reality of nonprofit displacement.
- Though the closing of the San Francisco Impact Hub is a blow to the social impact community, collectively the coworking industry can help solve the problem of nonprofit displacement.